The Assigned Seating Event Creator will walk you through these 5 steps to create your assigned seating event.
Step 1, Event Basics
Event Name: Name your event using up to 85 characters. The name you choose will be guest facing on Resy.com, the Resy booking widget & the Resy app.
Event Date: Enter the date of your event.
Event Start/End Time: The start and end time of your event can be set more broadly than the specific reservation times. For example, if you are creating a single seating event at 6pm you may want the start time to be 5pm so that you can seat guests early if you need. We'll choose the specific reservation times using your pacing and availability in Steps 2 & 3.
Choose to Replace or Run Alongside Your Standard Service: If you have a standard recurring shift or shifts that overlap with your event, you'll be given these options:
- This Event Will Replace Normal Service: Choosing this option will automatically take your overlapping base shift offline for the day. Any pre-existing reservations you may have will still be accessible on the shift in ResyOS, but will be listed as unassigned tables.
- This Event Will Run Alongside Normal Service in a Portion of my Restaurant: Choosing this option will leave your standard shift as is. It is up to you, after creating your event, to make a single day edit to your base shift on this date to adjust your availability as needed. For a detailed walkthrough on best practices, visit How to Adjust Your Base Shift When Hosting an Event
Step 2, Service Settings
Floor Plan: Choose one or more of your floor plans for your assigned seating event. If you need to create a new floor plan for your event, you'll need to create the floor plan using the floor plan editor in the ResyOS app on your iPad. Once a floor plan is created, it will appear on this list to select. Click here for more information on How to Create and Edit Floor Plans in the ResyOS App.
Pacing: Click 'Show Custom Pacing' to set pacing for each 15 minute interval. For events with specific seating times, use your pacing to drive covers only to the seating times. For flexible seating, set your pacing as you would a standard shift.
Step 3, Availability
By default your tables for the event will be set to online and you can adjust by table type form the main view. Click 'More Customization' to set specific availability by individual table & time.
- For fixed seating times, you'll want to edit your availability so that only your desired seating times are bookable online with the remainder set to 'walk-in'.
- For flexible availability, you'll want to be sure to indicate any tables/times held back as 'in-house' and any portion of the restaurant you'd like reserved for walk-ins as 'walk-in'.
Step 4, Ticket Settings
Create one or more ticket types for your event. Only one ticket type is required & each ticket type you create will represent a different experience you'd like to offer for this event. Each ticket type can have a unique price, ticket name, content highlights, turn times & cancellation/refund policy.
Create Your Ticket Types:
- Click 'Create Ticket' to get started.
- Enter the details of the ticket package and click 'Create Ticket' to save.
- You'll see a summary of the ticket packages created along with the package details details. In this example, we're offering a standard price for our Wine Dinner along with a Premium Wine Dinner offering.
- When you've completed creating one or more Ticket Packages, you'll be prompted to apply them to the desired tables on you floor plan for the event.
Set Your Go Live Date: This is the date your online inventory will be bookable on Resy.com, the Resy booking widget & the Resy app. You can choose the date and specific time of day the tickets will go live.
Set Your Off-Market Time: This is the time in which any unbooked tables will automatically come offline ahead of your event. After the 'off-market time' cancellations will not put new availability back online.
Step 5, Event Marketing
Photos: Choose images to feature on your event listing page on Resy.com and in the Resy app.
- Import up to 6 images OR choose from the Resy Themes
- We support JPG and JPEG image files only
Content: Describe the details of your event to your guests.
- Event Summary (Required): Sell your event to guests with a punchy description that invites guests to learn more.
- About This Event (Required): Give your guests all the details! A detailed and accurate ‘About’ section increases the likelihood of ticket sales and guest satisfaction.
- Need to Know (Optional): Let guests know about important transportation, cancellation, or other policies related to your event.
- Double Confirmation (Optional): A final pop up message your guests will receive upon attempting to confirm the booking. This message can be used to highlight strict cancellation policies, 21+ policies, special seating requirements, or other important information.
Click 'Create Event' in the bottom right corner to finish creating your event.
Upon saving your event, you'll see a pop-up window that will reference the live date and list other actions you may want to take to finalize your setup.
Set Event Content: Click here to edit or add event content.
Customize Guest Communications: Here you can set a custom SMS reminder and email communications for guests that book your event. If you do not create custom communications for the event, the standard SMS and emails will be used. For a detailed walkthrough visit How to Setup Guest Communications for an Event
Adjust Other Shifts On This Day: Clicking here will guide you to your base shifts for that date to make any necessary adjustments to your availability. For a detailed walkthrough on best practices, visit How to Adjust Your Base Shift When Hosting an Event