The General Admission Event Creator will walk you through these 3 steps to create your assigned seating event.
Step 1, Event Basics
Event Name: Name your event using up to 85 characters. The name you choose will be guest facing on Resy.com, the Resy booking widget & the Resy app.
Event Date: Enter the date of your event.
Event Start/End Time: The start time you choose will be the arrival time guests see on their end when they purchase a ticket. It's recommended that you set the end time of your event to be the estimated end of service for full visibility in ResyOS. The end time you choose will not be listed for guests to see. If you'd like to inform the guests of the end time of the event you can do so through your event content in Step 3 Event Marketing.
Choose to Replace or Run Alongside Your Standard Service: If you have a standard recurring shift or shifts that overlap with your event, you'll be given these options:
- This Event Will Replace Normal Service: Choosing this option will automatically take your overlapping base shift offline for the day. Any pre-existing reservations you may have will still be accessible on the shift in ResyOS, but will be listed as unassigned tables.
- This Event Will Run Alongside Normal Service in a Portion of my Restaurant: Choosing this option will leave your overlapping base shift as is. It is up to you, after creating your event, to make a single day edit to your base shift on this date to adjust your availability as needed. For a detailed walkthrough on best practices, visit How to Adjust Your Base Shift When Hosting an Event
Step 2, Ticket Settings
Create one or more ticket types for your event. Only one ticket type is required & each ticket type you create will represent a different experience you'd like to offer for this event. Each ticket type can have a unique price, ticket name, content highlights, turn times & cancellation/refund policy. This gives you the opportunity to maximize revenue and meet the needs of different customer bases.
Create Your Ticket Types: Click 'Create Ticket' to get started.
Ticket Name: Give your ticket a name. This is something that will be seen by your guests, so choose something that makes sense for your event like "General Admission" or "Deluxe Package".
Base Price: Decide on the base price of the ticket and whether or not you want this to be prepaid. Remember this is the cost for one ticket and is not inclusive of gratuity, which can be added later.
Included with This Ticket: Add text about what is included in the cost of the ticket, like a bottle of wine or three-course meal. Put different items on separate lines by clicking "Add Highlight".
Ticket Quantity: This is the total number of tickets you want to have available to sell. Once you add a number, you can then select if you want all of those tickets available for sale online, or if you want to save some for in-house booking by clicking "Customize Ticket Availability".
Ticket Policies/Refund Policy/Additional Policies: Select whether you want this ticket to be final sale or refundable. You can also choose whether you want to add a fixed gratuity or allow guests to choose from three different gratuity options. Consider adding a beverage pairing option to the ticket to maximize revenue and provide more options for the guest experience.
Click 'Create Ticket'. You'll see a summary of the ticket packages created along with the package details details. In this example, we're offering a standard price for our Beer Fest along with a Beer Fest Deluxe offering.
Set Your Go Live Date: This is the date your online inventory will be bookable on Resy.com, the Resy booking widget & the Resy app. You can choose the date and specific time of day the tickets will go live.
Set Your Off-Market Time: This is the time in which any unbooked tickets will automatically come offline ahead of your event. After the 'off-market time' cancellations will not put new availability back online.
Step 3, Event Marketing
Photos: Choose images to feature on your event listing page on Resy.com and in the Resy app.
- Import up to 6 images OR choose from the Resy Themes
- We support JPG and JPEG image files only
Content: Describe the details of your event to your guests.
- Event Summary (Required): Sell your event to guests with a punchy description that invites guests to learn more.
- About This Event (Required): Give your guests all the details! A detailed and accurate ‘About’ section increases the likelihood of ticket sales and guest satisfaction.
- Need to Know (Optional): Let guests know about important transportation, cancellation, or other policies related to your event.
- Double Confirmation (Optional): A final pop up message your guests will receive upon attempting to confirm the booking. This message can be used to highlight strict cancellation policies, 21+ policies, special seating requirements, or other important information.
Click 'Create Event' in the bottom right corner to finish creating your event.
Upon saving your event, you'll see a pop-up window that will reference the live date and list other actions you may want to take to finalize your setup.
Set Event Content: Click here to edit or add event content.
Customize Guest Communications: Here you can set a custom SMS reminder and email communications for guests that book your event. If you do not create custom communications for the event, the standard SMS and emails will be used. For a detailed walkthrough visit How to Setup Guest Communications for an Event
Adjust Other Shifts On This Day: Clicking here will guide you to your base shifts for that date to make any necessary adjustments to your availability. For a detailed walkthrough on best practices, visit How to Adjust Your Base Shift When Hosting an Event