Training exercises are critical to ensure your team is well versed in ResyOS before using the systemduring a real, live shift. Here are some suggestions and tips to help get you comfortable with the iPadapp:
Note: We highly recommend watching Resy training videos, reviewing the Help Desk, or attending atraining webinar (http://helpdesk.resy.com/en/articles/3231056-resy-training-webinars) prior to anin-house training exercise. You should have basic knowledge of ResyOS before getting started.
Mock Service Role Play
Ask your Implementation Specialist to import reservations for a shift without guest contact information OR you can manually enter in test reservations using your team members phone numbers.
Team members can take turns role-playing as guests walking into the restaurant.
- Add a walk-in
- Add a guest to the waitlist
- Request a table change
- Increase party size
- Inform the host of a special occasion for the visit & add notes and tags to a guest profile
- Request a combination of the above scenarios
- Disable online reservations
- Close out a date in the future
- Block a table for a VIP
Live Service Shadow
- Set up two iPads at the host stand- one running your current reservation system, and one running ResyOS. (If you only have 1 iPad you can switch between systems)
- Mimic the actions taken in your current system in ResyOS. Ex: If you check in a guest and seat them at table 12 on your current system, check in the guest and seat them at table 12 on Resy
We recommend running this exercise for 1-2 shifts prior to going live with Resy. A combination of a slower and busier shift is recommended.