Resy's Capacity Monitor feature will allow you to manage your adjusted capacity due to regulations by providing an automated solution to disabling online reservations when your restaurant reaches the set capacity limit. This feature will also trigger pop-up warnings in ResyOS to let you know when in-house reservations & reservation changes cause you to exceed your capacity limit.
Setting Your Capacity Limit
To establish your capacity limit for your shifts:
- Go to your Resy Dashboard
- Click the Graph symbol in top left hand corner
- Click 'Service'
Select the 'Shift Settings' tab to access your recurring base shifts.
Tap the three dots on the shift you want to update, then select 'Edit Shift' from the dropdown menu to open the shift editor.
Navigate to 'Step 2: Service Settings' and scroll to see the Capacity Monitor section at the bottom of the page.
Here you can establish the maximum guests you can accommodate at a time for the shift by entering the maximum guest total into the text field.
Please Note: Consider these two factors when choosing your Maximum Guest Count
- Current Maximum Guests - The Capacity Monitor tool will reference the current maximum guests that can be sat in your restaurant based on the maximum seats on the shift's floor plan. If you are operating with an alternate floor plan that already limits your capacity, the maximum number you enter can equal your current maximum.
- Capacity Limits May Include Employees - When choosing the maximum number of guests you can accommodate in the restaurant at one time, keep in mind the number of employees you have in the restaurant during service. Rely on your local mandates and capacity restrictions to determine this number.
After entering your desired maximum guest count, click 'save' in the bottom right corner.
This shift will now automatically take online availability OFFLINE for any time frames that exceed your maximum guest count. You can return to the Capacity Monitor and adjust the maximum capacity for your shifts at any time.
Capacity Monitor Pop-up Warnings in ResyOS
Now that your capacity limit has been set, you'll receive pop-up warnings in the ResyOS app to notify you and your team when in-house actions cause you to exceed your capacity limit. The pop-up is just a warning and you'll be given the option to proceed with overbooking the capacity limit if you choose to.
Example of a ResyOS Capacity Limit Alert:
The Following In-house Actions Will Trigger a Capacity Limit Pop-up Warning
Booking a Reservation - When you attempt to book a reservation for a time that is over capacity, a pop-up warning will appear before allowing you to continue. The warning will trigger when booking from the booking modal and directly from the timeline view.
- Pop-up Message: “The reservation you are trying to book is during a time when your restaurant is over capacity. Are you sure you want to book this?”
Changing a Reservation - When you attempt to change the time, party size or turn time of a reservation and the change causes you to exceed your capacity, a pop-up warning will appear before allowing you to continue.
- Pop-up Message: "This change will cause this reservation to be seated during a time that is over capacity. Are you sure you want to make this change?"
Seating a Party - When seating a reservation, a walk-in or waitlist party on the floor plan during a time that is over capacity, a pop-up warning will appear before allowing you to continue seating the reservation.
- Pop-up Message: "You are trying to seat this reservation for a time that is over capacity. Are you sure you want to continue?"
Sending 'Table Ready Text' in the Waitlist Flow - When updating the status of a waitlist reservation to "Wait: table ready", a pop-up warning will appear before sending the table ready notification if the waitlist party would cause you to exceed your capacity.
- Pop-up Message: "This waitlist party is likely to be seated during a time that is over capacity. Are you sure you want to update this status to table ready?"
ResyOS Capacity Monitor Indicators
Spread of Covers View
- Times you are at or exceeding your capacity will be in red on your spread of covers bar.
- Tapping the spread of covers bar to the open view will show the capacity you have set for the shift on the left hand side and the total covers for each 15 minute time interval you can expect to have in the restaurant based on your current reservations and seated guests.
- Additionally, the timestamp and covers will highlight in red when the capacity limit is exceeded.
- If no capacity limit is set in web dashboard for the shift, the capacity limit will not show in the spread of covers view in either the closed or open states.
ResyOS Booking Modal
From the booking modal, available tables that would cause you to exceed your capacity limit will be indicated with a red check mark. As noted, if you attempt to book a table that would cause you to exceed your capacity you'll also receive a pop-up warning. The visual indicator in the booking modal can help you more quickly identify the appropriate tables to offer guests when booking in-house ahead of the secondary pop-up warning.