You'll want to match the number of outposts you have with your current table management system (for example, 1-2 iPads at host stand and 1 in office, per restaurant).
We recommend buying a refurbished iPad for cost savings. You can find these directly through Apple's website, where they will be Certified Refurbished and include a 1-year warranty. You can also shop around to find the best deals at other retail stores. Walmart and Target often offer steep discounts on new and pre-owned iPads. Feel free to shop around for the best deals, or reach out to your Implementation Specialist for more suggestions.
- iPad Pro 12.9" - Recommended for the host stand for it's larger screen and faster processing system
- iPad 9.7" or Larger - Great for the host stand and for use in the office
- iPad Pro Keyboard Case - connects via iPad smart connector, not bluetooth, and is powered directly by the iPad
- iPad Pro Case
- iPad Pro Mount
- iPad Pro Anti-Tip Stand
- iPad Air 2 Rugged Case
- iPad 9.7" Lock and Case
- iPad Logitech Case and Keyboard
- Security Stand
- iPad Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard
- Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard
For other security cases we recommend Maclocks
To hardwire the iPad you'll need 2 pieces of equipment plus an ethernet cable. If you were previously on OpenTable terminal, you should had a port at the host stand.
- Lightning to USB3 Adapter: Plugs directly into the iPad charging port and allows a USB to be plugged in while simultaneously charging the iPad
- USB to Ethernet Adapter: This plugs into the USB port (Step 1) and will connect your Ethernet Cable to your ethernet port.
- Ethernet Cable: Buy the shortest cord possible for your needs
If hardwiring the iPad is not an option, we recommend adding an additional router close to the host stand or using a wifi range extender: