ResyOS Product Update 3.3
March 11, 2019
🎉 What's New 🎉
- Automatically text guests expected wait times, wait time updates and that their table is ready
- Guests can confirm or cancel right from their phone
- "Wait: Table Ready" & "Wait: Confirmed" new status icons
How it works:
- Once you add a guest to the waitlist, they'll automatically be texted the estimated wait time.
- If your host updates the wait time, the guest will also automatically receive that update via text.
- Guests and hosts can still exchange other text messages, just as before.
- From the reservation list, upon tapping the guest status icon (to the left of the guest name) you'll see two new statuses: “Wait: Table Ready” and “Wait: Confirmed”.
- Once the host updates the status to "table ready", the guest will be texted that their table is ready and will be held for 10 minutes, and ask for confirmation.
- If the guest confirms, their status automatically updates to "Wait: Confirmed", if the guest cancels, they receive a polite message and they're moved to the "XCL" list.
What does it look like to my guests?
- Try it out by adding yourself or someone on your team to the waitlist! A fun, interactive way to show your team.
Text message history
- All automated and manually sent text messages appear in the Messages tab of the reservation details panel, just as before.
Disabling waitlist texts for a party
- You may want to disable waitlist texts for a particular guest.
- To do that, tap the vertical dot menu icon in the guest profile.
- Texts can be re-enabled for that guest at any time.
- When host adds guest to waitlist: You’ve been added to the waitlist at (restaurant name)! The estimated wait for your (party size) is (wait time host inputs). We’ll text you here when your table is ready.
- When host updates wait time: We’ve updated your estimated wait time to (updated number of minutes), starting now. We’ll let you know when we’re ready to seat you.
- When host updates table status to "Wait: Table Ready": Your table at (restaurant name) is ready! We’ll hold it for 10 minutes. Please text 1 to confirm or 9 if you are no longer able to make it, and we’ll remove you from the waitlist.
- Guest confirmation: Great, see you soon.
- Guest cancellation: Thank you for the update. You have been removed from the list.
How do I get this update?
- ResyOS release 3.3 is available for download using the same link as you normally use to update your Resy software.