Step 1: Downloading your Monthly Guestbook from ResyOS
- Log into your Resy account using your email and password through the ResyOS Dashboard. Head over to the Analytics page - click the graph icon in the top left corner and select “Analytics” from the dropdown menu. From here you will select “Monthly Guestbook.”
2. Export this list by selecting your desired month and then click on the “Email Report” option in the top right corner. **For an all-time guestbook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.**
3. Select which of your users you would like the report to be sent to. This report will be sent via email.
4. Once received, download and save the report to your computer. IMPORTANT: be sure you are saving the document as a CSV or tab-delimited text file in order to upload to Mailchimp successfully.
Step 2: Importing Your Guestbook to Mailchimp
- Head over to Mailchimp.com and log into your account or select “Sign Up Free” to create a new account. Mailchimp has various different packages available depending on your needs ranging from Free to $299 per month. We suggest signing up for the Essentials package which costs $9.99/month but feel free to explore all of the different options available here.
- Once logged in, head to the Audience tab and click the “Manage Audience” drop-down on the right and choose Import contacts.
3. Choose the CSV or tab-delimited text file option and select Continue on the bottom right corner.
4. Click Browse and choose the file you saved from your computer and select Continue to Match on the bottom right hand corner. This will sync/add your contacts based on the field names.
5. The guestbook fields (name, phone number, email, ect) will be automatically matched for you. This will make sure that the correct guest information populates correctly in your Mailchimp account. If they are not showing a field to populate in, click Edit to choose a different field type from the drop-down menu. To create a new field, click the drop-down menu and choose Create a new field (this is only available to paying customers).
6. If you do not wish to import certain information about your guest choose the Skip option under that field. Once you have matched or skipped all the columns select Continue to Organize.
7. Next, is creating tags and groups. Tags are labels you create to help organize your contacts similar to Visit and Guest Tags in Resy. The benefit of creating a tag is so you can specify individuals you want to reach out to. Some examples of these might be Friends & Family, Regulars or Investors. Groups are specialized audience fields that correspond to fields on your signup forms. They let you ask your contacts to self-categorize with preset responses that you provide. Both of these are optional but we do suggest adding the Tags over Groups to help keep your guests organized. Once completed you can continue to the last step by selecting Continue to Review.
8. Review your data and select Import! Once the import has been completed you will receive an email confirmation and failure report if applicable.
Step 3: Creating Your Email Blast
- On the top left hand corner select Create and choose the Email option.
2. Select the Regular email option and create a Campaign Name. Select Begin to head over to the builder where you’ll be able to customize your email.
3. You are now ready to customize your email! Your audience had automatically been selected for the To field but you can always edit this if needed by selecting Edit Recipients. Here you can select specific audiences you have uploaded or guests within specific groups or tags.
4. Edit the From field to show the Name of the sender and the email you would like your E-blast to be coming from.
5. Update your Subject line. This should be something that will catch your guests attention. You can also add a Preview Text as you see fit.
6. Now you’re ready to design your email! You will have several layouts and themes to choose from or you can create your own and customize away. The most commonly used templates that we suggest are the "Mark an Announcement" and "Tell A Story" templates. Select whichever option you would like and select Continue on the top right corner to get started!
7. Once you are done customizing your email you can use the Preview tool to review before sending.
8. Once you have perfected your email you are now ready to fire it off by selecting Send in the top right hand corner! If you are a paying customer you can also take advantage of the Schedule option. This will allow you to pick a specific date and time you’d like your emails to be sent.