In this article we'll show you how to set up fixed seating times for your shifts which is a setting that should be utilized for timed seatings or dinners, this setting will allow you to set your seatings using our availability settings and pacing to limit the booking options to these fixed times.
In this example, we'll be creating a shift with dinner seatings at 5pm, 7pm, and 9pm, for 40 guests at each time.
Regulate the covers you want to drive for each of your seatings times with your pacing
- In the Shift Editor you'll find your pacing settings in 'Step 2 Service Settings'.
- By default your pacing will be set to 10 covers each 15 minutes from the shift start time to the event end time.
- Click 'Show Custom Pacing' to further edit by 15 minutes to allow more control.
- Set the pacing to the max covers desired for the 5pm, 7pm, and 9pm seating times. All other times will be set to 0 pacing.
Next, you'll want to set your availability to manage which tables go online:
Editing Your Table Availability With Fixed Seating Times
- In the Shift Editor you'll find your availability settings in 'Step 3 Availability'. By default your tables will be set to online and you can adjust by table type form the main view.
- For fixed seating times, you'll want to edit your availability so that only your desired seating times are bookable online.
- Any reservation times outside of your fixed seating times should be set to walk-in. Walk-in tables can't be booked online or in-house which will keep all of your reservations at the desired seating times. See the example below.
- You can use the in-house availability to restrict some reservations from online booking if you need to hold anything back or utilize Exclusive Booking Channels to offer online reservations to your VIP or concierge guests.
Finalize all changes by clicking "update availability" and then "Update Shift"