PrePay allows a third party to purchase the full meal or an item (ex. wine bottle) for an existing reservation.
- PrePay is an exclusive feature for our 360 partners. If you're interested in upgrading, please reach out to our Support Team.
- Prior to using the feature, ensure banking information is on file in the Dashboard- otherwise we won't be able to disburse the funds to you.
How to Add a PrePay:
- Tap on the reservation from the booked list that you would like to add a PrePay to
- Tap on the green hammer and then 'Add a PrePay'
- Add in the mobile number of the payer (Note: The payer will receive a text message to fill out their credit card information, so it must be a mobile number)
- If the guest exists in the Resy database select their profile or create a new guest
- Add in an Item Description (Bottle of Wine, Full Dinner Cost, Champagne Toast, etc)
- Add in the Amount the payer is agreeing to pay. (Note: We recommend always selecting Maximum over Fixed. If you select Fixed, you will not be able to adjust the price once the payer enters in their credit card information)
- Select Gratuity (optional)
- Note whether it's a surprise (optional)
- Once all information is filled out, tap "Send PrePay Request" this will send the payer a text message asking them to fill out a secure payment form to complete the payment.
- The status of the of the PrePay will be Pending, the payer has yet to enter in their credit card information if the status is Pending .
- Once the request is sent out, the guest will receive a text message that will link to a secure payment form (below).
- They will be able to review the details and adjust any of the fields if needed. After reviewing, they will be asked to enter their credit card information and the PrePay status on the guest profile will change from "Pending" to "Not Charged."
Handling Confirmed PrePays
- Once the payer has entered their credit card information via the secure payment form, the status of the PrePay will change to "Not Charged" (below).
- If the status is still "Pending" before service, call the payer to ensure that they can add their credit card information, or the PrePay cannot be handled.
- Before the guest leaves the restaurant and the check is closed in the POS, tap on the Charge button and enter in the final amount of the item or meal.
- You should factor in both sales tax and the gratuity into the final cost
- Once charging through Resy the status will change from "Not Charged" to "Charged". **If the status does not change to "Charged" and stays as "Not Charged", there is an error payer's credit card information and they should be contacted to gather proper payment**
- The payer will get a receipt via text message if the payment went through successfully.
Reconciling PrePays on your POS
- The item or meal should be charged to a house account on the POS systems. You can create a Resy house account button on your POS for organization sake, and again ensure that sales tax and gratuity are factored in to the PrePay amounts.
- Payments are disbursed via direct deposit 48-72 hours after the payer's credit card is charged.