Virtual events are a great way to add another revenue stream and keep your guests engaged when they can't physically be at your restaurant. You can use the ResyOS Dashboard to sell tickets, communicate with your guests, promote your event, and keep track of analytics.
Some virtual event examples:
- Cooking classes and demos
- Happy hours
- Wine tastings
- Chef Q&A sessions
- Curated discussions
When creating a virtual event, start by going to the ResyOS Dashboard and clicking the graph icon in the top left corner to access the dropdown menu. Click 'Events' near the top of the list to go directly to your Events Management page. Click 'Create Event' in the upper right hand corner. You can find an in-depth walk through of the process here.
Choosing your Event Type: General Admission vs. Assigned Seating
- General admission is best for events that have one designated start time and end time, like a panel discussion. Assigned seating should be used if you plan to have two instances of the same event in one day, like a cocktail class that takes place at both 5pm and 9pm. You can find instructions for setting up a general admission event here and an assigned seating event here.
Step 1: Event Basics
- When choosing a name for your event, include text that clearly indicates the event is virtual or online.
Step 2: Ticket Settings
- When creating different ticket packages, think about ways you can maximize your revenue with premium ticket packages. In our example virtual cooking class, we've created two types of tickets: one that includes a delivery of the groceries needed to cook the meal and one that does not. You can also use the beverage pairing feature in ticket creation as an additional opportunity for your guests.
- Ensure that the 'Prepaid' button is toggled on so you can collect payment virtually through a safe, contactless payment method.
Step 3: Event Marketing
- When filling out the Event Content, be very clear about how your guests will access your virtual event. You can also use the Double Confirmation section to remind guests that they are purchasing a ticket for a virtual event.
After Event Creation: Customizing Guest Communications
- Communicate clearly with your guests through customized emails and text messages. Add the streaming event link in your confirmation email and texts using the Hyperlink dynamic tag.
For additional guidance on creating a virtual event, attend our live webinar "Virtual Event Creation and Management" on Tuesdays at 2:00PM EST.